Do you live in or near Tucson? Do you love greyhounds? Do you want to help ease greyhounds from the track to their forever homes? Then you should consider volunteering with SA Greys.
Volunteers are the life-blood of Southern Arizona Greyhound Adoption. Volunteers age 12 and older are welcome. Younger volunteers require parent or guardian supervision.
There is an opportunity to volunteer to fit almost any interest or skill:
- Foster care – helping a greyhound to adapt to home life
- Meet & Greets – meet the public and show off a greyhound
- Transporting dogs – tour around town with a greyhound co-pilot
- Kennel turnouts – give the greyhounds a chance to stretch their legs
- Grant writing – help to find funding to support our mission
- Fund-raising endeavors – help raise funds to support our mission
- Social digital media – work as an admin on Facebook, Twitter, and our Blog
- Special events – spend an afternoon at a dog wash, picnic or….
- Public outreach – tell the world the facts about greyhounds
- Newsletter writing – write about your favorite topic, greyhounds
- Record keeping – help to keep our records straight
... and much, much more.
No experience is necessary; training is provided and we have experienced volunteers to help and mentor you. All that is required is a can-do attitude, and a desire to help these wonderful animals navigate their way to a forever home.
Please join our growing community of volunteers, fill out an application now!